Calculated Output on Flow pages

Hi there, I already managed to create a framework and created a custom userflow to display charts etc. But, I also wanted to see SUM of purchase price displayed in the Custom user flow (where the charts are). Now my problem is I created a flow part which will do SUM of all the prices in that table (as list) and output it as calculated total spend. But I am not being able to do it. Any help appreciated.

Hi rabin,
As I understand you already managed to create a flow part where the SUM is calculated (I assume you used the function SUM of A for that).
You also added the result of this calculation to the output of that flow part.
Did you add this flow part to the user flow? The flowpart should be before the page you show and then you can show the SUM by adding a “detail” to the page or by adding it as a placeholder in a Textfield.

I can be more precise in helping when I know your application’s URL.

https://sumo-ling-42.triggre.net/lab/pages/manage/software/my_dashboard/ this is my app URL.

As I understand you already managed to create a flow part where the SUM is calculated (I assume you used the function SUM of A for that).

Yes I did

You also added the result of this calculation to the output of that flow part.
Yes - I also did it.

Did you add this flow part to the user flow?
I am guessing I missed this part
Currently it looks like this

The flowpart should be before the page you show and then you can show the SUM by adding a “detail” to the page or by adding it as a placeholder in a Textfield.

Noted but I am unable to get any value out.

Hi Rabin,
Let me start by saying: Love the icons you used in the buttons!

The calculation you made requires an input, namely a list of software. So what you are actually saying in this process is: Here’s a list with software items and tell me the SUM of the purchase price.

There are two options here:

1. Calculate based on all software items
  2. Define which software items the calculation needs to have for the calculation

I’ll explain both of them separately.

1. Calculate based on all software items
Remove the input
Add a Lookup in your flow part and look up all software items (as a list), without using a filter
Calculate the SUM based on that list and put it in the output.

PS: You can also use a filter to narrow down the list. For instance, only active items. (check Using the rule editor | Triggre Knowledge Base for more info on this)

2. Define which software items the calculation needs to have for the calculation
You have defined a list somewhere with all software items you want to calculate the SUM of. You could think of a form where you can select them. When you press the button next it will post the form field into the flow part.

In this case I think option one is more suitable for you than number 2.

Let me know if this worked out for you or if I can help you with something else.

I am definitely missing something - here is a video - Communicate clearly without any misinterpretation | Berrycast

I did not do anything else but it shows values now.

Awesome! I looked at the video and it seemed ok, so glad to see it all worked out.

Thanks Eddie, I am back with more questions. How do I apply labels to currencies and show them in the chart values? :sweat_smile:

Hi Rabin,
No problem! Keep asking, I’m here to help. :slight_smile:
We currently can’t show those currency labels in the charts. Only the number itself.

1 Like

We usually solve this by putting the currency in the heading of the table.

An alternative is to add a text property to your data item, called Price as text for example. Then when you create or update the item, have an extra flow part that sets this value. You can use the Combine A with B function in a calculation action to do this easily.

Edit:a small addition. We do have a feature on our roadmap to support currency values out of the box.

1 Like