Current user in a automation flow

I need to establish the current user in a record for an order log. this wouldn’t be a problem in a flow part because you would just use the user as input and select current user as a value for the input in the user flow, but I can not figure out how to do this in a automation flow because I can not select the current user as a value for the user input. is there a way to solve this?

I hope there is someone who can help me with this

Hi Daan,

An automation flow doesn’t have a current user. The automation flow is started by the system, without any user interaction.

Assuming your case is one where the automation flow is triggered by something a user does somewhere else, is store the current user in the data item that triggers the automation flow. This will work if your automation flow starts with a data trigger.

Alternatively if your user flow doesn’t start with a data trigger, but a scheduled trigger for example, you can store the current user in a property in whichever data item you want to create.

Since you are talking about an order log I am fairly certain you can store the user in a data item property when they place an order for example. Then in your automation flow, you can use that property to see which user placed the order.

Hope this helps you. Let us know if there’s anything else we can help with!