Replace function and specific value for “in”

the replace function for calculations does not allow the usage of specific value for its third option “in”

I was hoping to use replace to do the following

replace [placeholder] with dataitem in fixed text which includes [placeholder] in it

so I can store this created sentence in a dataitem instead of having to recreate it over and over

I know that you can do placeholder stuff on the fly in text boxes, but this a text I wish to display in a data table

strangely enough if I declare the “in” to be another function such as combine I can still create a fixed text using that

example: combine fixed text which includes [placeholder] in with it

So I was wondering why the “in” cannot be a specific text by default

I think that I know what you are looking for. I guess it is possible.

The answer is in a template name Connie Contract. There is a trick explained how you can fill in these placeholders.

Please search for the flow part “placeholders apply” after you have loaded in the template.

The template Jochem is referring to can be found here:

Instructions to load a template can be found here:

https://www.triggre.com/knowledge-base/getting-started/templates/installing-a-template

Please let us know if this tip solved your problem!

I’m not asking how to do replaces with placeholders

I’m asking with this replace function

7zuq1uvh2m18myp512uau7yj4m8r65kq1

has the following options for its 3 plus buttons

First plus:
j4ryzgnwzej13rgirg7pb1a871xfzplg1

Second plus:
j4ryzgnwzej13rgirg7pb1a871xfzplg1

Third plus:
sk4dsnqsug46ta85yqe9ag3iccj86xeb1

see that third plus is missing the specific value button?

I am asking why it is.

This looks like a defect :slight_smile:

A workaround for now is to use a calculation before this action, and just specify a specific text in that calculation (and nothing else).

Then simply use that calculation as the third parameter to the replace function.

Thanks for pointing out the issue to clearly, we will pick it up!

A quick update is that we are working on a solution for this defect. We’ll release that in one of the upcoming releases.