Transposing a Data Model of Reservations into a Schedule-Like Screen Presentation

Hello Triggre Community,

We are currently working with a data model that includes reservations. Each reservation has a day of the week, a start time, an end time, and a description. As of now, these reservations are displayed as a long list, which can be quite cumbersome to navigate and understand at a glance.

I’m looking for advice on how to transpose this data into a more schedule-like presentation on screen. Ideally, I would like to have a visual representation that resembles a weekly calendar, where reservations are shown in their respective time slots, making it easier to view the entire week’s reservations in a more organized and intuitive manner.

Could anyone provide insights, examples, or guidance on how to achieve this in Triggre? Any suggestions or experiences shared would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance for your help!

Ronald

2 Likes

Hi Ronald,
From a user perspective you can also look at this in a different way. it depends however in what way it’s used. You could let the user fill out the date and time to search for and only show items that meet that requirement. You could also even extend that by show some open slots before and after the requested time.

Another option is to create/generate a list with time slots. You can show these in a table. When a time slot is used you show a red bar, which shows that it’s not available. The only downside is that you can’t show the date itself in the column of the table, but only at the top of the page. With a button you could go to the next or previous day.

Let me know if this helps you.

Hi Ronald,
Interesting case, I have some thoughts myself, maybe it will help: You could split the screen into a 33/67 format and display a table with the days of the week (or e.g. 7 days ahead from today) on the left, including maybe an indicator that shows the occupation percentage, like a green dot for less than 25%, orange for 20-50% and red for 75% and over. Or maybe even the number of reservations for that day.

On the right you show timeslots for the selected date, showing what times are available and what not, using the method Eddie described. By referencing the reservations to the timeslots, you can then also display details about the reservation itself and/or add a button to open it.

Of course this requires ‘prefab’ date and date-times data-items, that should be maintained and at times expanded, preferably automatically. But as I am sure you know that is fixable with an automation flow that runs periodically.

3 Likes

To expand on your idea @sylvester, you can make a flow part that you give the start date as an input. That flow part then generates the needed items if they are not yet available.

This is very easy to implement, without automation flows (to save actions) by calling this flow part each time the user clicks Next or Previous to change the week shown.

1 Like