User Management

Just loaded my first template and was able to added another user.

When the new user signed in, he was able to perform user management tasks such as add user, change role, … etc.

Being new, I am trying to figure out how to put a rule such that only the admin role can perform user management and for that matter other admin processes.

As this generally a requirement for most application, shouldn’t the templates incorporate this feature?

Or it it a best practice to put that constraint on each flow parts ? It appears that, for example, the flow parts for user cannot be modified from Designer.

2 Likes

Hi limhss,
Typically you would create such a role in an application yes. When using a template we chose to not implement this feature yet, because a person who’s new to this might be confused why it’s not seeing everything.

1. Go to the page Roles and rights and create a new role.

2. When it’s created, please click on “Role permissions”

3. Click on the user flow you’d like to grant permission to

4. Click the button Grant

Don’t forget to assign a person to that role and disable this user flow at the “Default role”.

PS: When you login using your Triggre ID you automatically have the role “Default admin role”. This person has access to all user flows. You cannot remove this role from your account without adding it to somebody else before that, to prevent you from locking yourself out.

1 Like

You can do this with a data trigger in an automation flow (I think)! Every time you edit a specific role, delete the old roles. This just popped inside my head, don’t know if this would work. Sounds sweat if it did, try it out @limhss.

1 Like

Thanks will try it.

| | Sunny Lim - Chat @ Spike | 1apaml |

• | - | - | - |

Triggre Creator Community

Eddie
November 12

Hi limhss,
Typically you would create such a role in an application yes. When using a template we chose to not implement this feature yet, because a person who’s new to this might be confused why it’s not seeing everything.

1. Go to the page Roles and rights and create a new role.

2. When it’s created, please click on “Role permissions”

3. Click on the user flow you’d like to grant permission to

4. Click the button Grant

Don’t forget to assign a person to that role and disable this user flow at the “Default role”.

PS: When you login using your Triggre ID you automatically have the role “Default admin role”. This person has access to all user flows. You cannot remove this role from your account without adding it to somebody else before that, to prevent you from locking yourself out.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.