Introducing: My Triggre and Triggre ID

Hi there Triggre user,

There are some BIG things coming up! We are working on improving your experience when it comes to managing logins, subscriptions and environments. In the next few weeks, we will launch some big things that will make your Triggre journey even easier.

To prepare you for this big change, here’s your first update!

Triggre ID and My Triggre

The first step is launching our brand new user portal, called My Triggre. In this portal you can easily manage your environments and applications. And since every superhero needs a sidekick, with My Triggre comes Triggre ID. A new sign in method that will replace all the different accounts for your different designers and applications. No more hassle with different passwords, it’s all going to be connected to your Triggre ID!

Triggre.com

Currently you still use your Triggre.com login to access your subscriptions and our forums. Later on, as the second step, we will move subscription management to the My Triggre portal as well – to make sure that everything you need to manage, you can find in one place.

The Triggre forums will be moved to a new community area, which you will then access with your Triggre ID. After we have implemented these changes, you don’t need your Triggre.com login anymore.

We will let you know when we’re releasing both these big changes. This message is just a friendly heads-up to keep you updated on our progress!

Keep an eye out on your mailbox, as we will send you more information about Triggre ID and My Triggre launch in the upcoming weeks.

Any questions? Just let us know by sending us an email at servicedesk@triggre.com.